NaKniSweMo Update

Current stitch count: 31,868 stitches

Arendal

I used a tubular cast on for the ribbing, in the past I’ve always used the stockinette version and I’ve loved the neat finished look but not the hassle of undoing the provisional cast on and picking up stitches.  This is the first time I’ve done a tubular cast on for 2×2 rib though and when I googled it I found the long tail method.  Gotta admit, it might now be my go-to method for tubular casting on.  It’s a lot quicker and just as neat.

I have made a little mistake, you’re supposed to change to 4.5mm needles after the ribbing (and I thought I had) but a couple of inches into the main body I checked my needles and found out I hadn’t.  I tried it on and I think I’ve gotten away with it, I like the feel of the fabric and it fits so I’m carrying on.

I did have to rip back a couple inches at the underarms as it was a smidgeon too tight and I didn’t like the decreases in the pattern.  I added a few stitches each side and its much better for it.  The best bit of a seamless top down sweater is being able to try it on as you go!  Baring any other major issues, I think I’m still on track to finish in November.

*Fingers crossed*

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s